Traveling Through – Camping Facts
The Fairground’s location of just 3 miles south of I-64 and our ‘easy in and easy out’ facilities makes us the perfect choice for overnight camping when you’re sight seeing in the Greenbrier Valley or if you’re just ‘traveling through’. We offer full hook-ups, wide open spaces for walking and even a play ground for young children. Nearby, you will find banking options, grocery stores, movie theaters, beautiful walking trails, fishing, boating and a State Park system that is hard to beat.
Rates are $25 for full hook up per night. We are proud to offer a 10% discount to AARP, AAA and Good Sam’s members (discounts are not offered during our Annual State Fair).
Camping facilities are generally closed from early November through late March, depending on weather. For details on making a reservation please call the State Fair Event Center, (304)-645-1090, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
If arriving after hours, we would love to have you and simply ask that you call our main office number, 304.645.1090, to leave a voice mail with your name and contact number. Payments may be placed in the ‘drop box’ located on the wooden South Lot Camping Information Station.
Boy Scouts – Summit Bechtel Reserve
Welcome to Southern West Virginia! Our facility is just 3 miles south of I-64 at Exit 169, Lewisburg, West Virginia. We are approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the Summit Bechtel Reserve. Our camping facilities are conveniently located to allow your group to stop over on your way to or from the excitement at the Summit. Take advantage of unlimited dry tent camping and over 200 full hookups. Tent camping for scout groups will be $5 per tent per night and hookup rates will be discounted 20% for any scouting related group. We look forward to seeing you soon!
PGA – The Greenbrier Classic Camping Facts – SOLD OUT FOR 2014
- Camping information & details for the 2014 Greenbrier Classic - 2014 PGA Camping rates
- Additional questions may be asked by contacting our office directly; please call 304.645.1090, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- For details specific to the Greenbrier Classic and events surrounding the tournament please visit the Greenbrier Classic website
- All concert or will call information can be found on the Greenbrier Classics website
- For area accommodations or other area information please call the Visitors Center at 304-645-1000
Fair Time – Fast Camping Facts
- Dry-primitive camping is available for a one-time $10 registration fee. These sites do not include any hook-ups.
- Several acres of dry-primitive camping are available
- Restrooms and bathhouses on site
- Registration for the 2014 State Fair of WV camping will open May 27, 2014
- The camping area will open on Thursday, August 7th at 8am.
- 2014 General Camping
Fair Time – Public Camping Sites with Electric
Campers who have previously camped at one of the 74 electric only sites, will be given first option. Additional consideration will be given to those who are camping for a minimum of 7 nights during the State Fair. Campers wishing to be added to a waiting list for these sites should contact the Fair in writing via e-mail or by mailing a letter to – PO Drawer 986/Lewisburg WV/24901.
All areas are patrolled by security on a regular basis. Complimentary shuttle rides to the main entrance of the Fairgrounds from the camping area run daily.