Traveling Through – Camping Facts
During the months of June, July, and August; we will have limited camping availability please call ahead to be sure we can accommodate your needs. 304.645.1090
Camping facilities will be closed July 22 – September 1.
The Fairground’s location of just 3 miles south of I-64 and our ‘easy in and easy out’ facilities makes us the perfect choice for overnight camping when you’re sight seeing in the Greenbrier Valley or if you’re just ‘traveling through’. We offer full hook-ups, wide open spaces for walking and even a play ground for young children. Nearby, you will find banking options, grocery stores, movie theaters, beautiful walking trails, fishing, boating and a State Park system that is hard to beat. We currently offer 300 full hook up sites for pass through camping.
Rates are $30 for full hook up per night. We are proud to offer a 10% discount to AARP, AAA and Good Sam’s members (discounts are not offered during our Annual State Fair or special events).
Camping facilities are generally closed from early November through late March, depending on weather. For details on making a reservation please call the State Fair Event Center, (304)-645-1090, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
The State Fair of West Virginia does not offer refunds on camping unless the refund request is made 15 days prior to your stay with us. Applicable fees may apply to all refunds issued. Please contact our office to request the refund or make changes to your stay with us.
If arriving after hours, we would love to have you and simply ask that you call our main office number, 304.645.1090, to leave a voice mail with your name and contact number.
World Scout Jamboree
We offer tent camping as well as a limited number of full hook-up and partial hook-up sites. For more information or to make a reservation please call the State Fair Event Center, 304-645-1090, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
PGA – The Greenbrier Classic Camping Facts
- Camping information & details for the 2019 Greenbrier Classic coming soon!
- Additional questions may be asked by contacting our office directly; please call 304.645.1090, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- For details specific to the Greenbrier Classic and events surrounding the tournament please visit the Greenbrier Classic website
- All concert or Will Call information can be found on the Greenbrier Classics website
- For area accommodations or other area information please call the Visitors Center at 304-645-1000
For Fair time camping please see the following link – Camping
Camping Rules and Regulations
- No open fires are permitted in the camping area.
- Possession/use of drugs, alcohol, and/or firearms is not permitted on the property.
- No soliciting permitted on the property.
- Camping allowed only in the designated lot. If bathhouse facilities are needed, kindly give a 24 hour notice.
- Pets must be either on leashes or otherwise confined at all times.
- One vehicle is allowed per camper/RV space.
- Campers are responsible for leaving the area clean and orderly.
- Camper is responsible for the actions and any destruction caused by others who are traveling with or visiting while the camper is on fairgrounds property.
- Excessive noise is not allowed.
- Camper agrees to pay for any damage he/she causes to the premises
- Camper agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the SFWV, its officers, directors, and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, liability, losses, damages, penalties, and expenses, including court costs and attorney’s fees, arising from or incurred because of The Campers’ actual or alleged actions or omissions with respect to the premises. The Camper assumes all risk of liability arising from or in connection with his rental of the camping space and other activities at the premises and assumes and shall bear all risk of loss or damage to, or theft or destruction of, his equipment and personal property at the premises.
- Camper must have the camping permit visible at all times. No camping without a permit.